Greetings, Faculty and Staff:
We are quickly approaching the fiscal year. Following these deadlines below allows our team to ensure we provide the best service to all of our programs and that we have ample time to process tasks by the Controller’s Office Fiscal Year-End Cutoff Deadlines. Please pay particular attention to the dates in early June. Please help us complete our end of fiscal year requirements by following these deadlines.
A few important items to note
- Please note that all Payroll Accounting Adjustments must be fully approved through Workday by July 5, 2022 at 5PM. This means if you have any retroactive personnel funding assignments or payroll expense transfers to make for this year (July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022), these need to be into the finance team by no later than June 15 in order for the Workday action to be initiated and approved at all levels on time (email@example.com).
- For personnel with appointments or costing allocations ending on June 30, the Finance Team will be contacting supervisors directly as per usual process for funding renewal details.
- You may continue to make online purchases between now and June 6 if your budget(s) you wish to charge the expense to has a June 30, 2021 end date. This is to ensure goods and services are received on or before June 30 in order to be charged to the current fiscal year. If you have a budget that has an end date beyond June 30 that the expenses can be charged to this June 6 cutoff does not apply.
- The last day for in person and online P-card purchases for the month of June is June 24 to allow the P-card reconcilers time to reconcile all June P-cards receipts. This is a massive task as many reconcilers reconcile 20+ P-cards so please ensure you are getting receipts to your reconciler as soon as a purchase is made an no later than June 24. P-card purchasing can resume again on July 1. If you have any urgent purchases that need to be made during the last week of June, we kindly ask that you contact our team to ensure that the purchase will make the cutoff.
- All P-card receipts are due to your reconciler by June 24 for reconciliation by the July 8 cutoff.
- Finally, if you purchased equipment that meets Property Inventory criteria during this Fiscal Year and received it on or before June 30, 2021, please ensure you have a Property Inventory tag assigned and the paperwork returned to Property Inventory (Campus Zip 1025) by July 15, 2022.
- Mount Vernon: Please work with Dan Gorton.
- Puyallup and CSANR: Please work with Charity Johnson.
- All sponsored project accounts (11-14) Grant accounting adjustments must be submitted by June 10, 2022. Please have any grant related accounting adjustments into the team ASAP, but no later than June 1 in order for the actions to be prepared, approved at all levels, and submitted to SPS in Workday on time. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Travel Spend Authorizations (formerly TEVs) for FY22 must be submitted via Workday by June 30, 2022.
- All FY22 receipts for travel or reimbursements must be expenses by Friday, July 8, 2022.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com.