We are quickly approaching the fiscal year end, and while we are still waiting for exact cutoff dates from the Controller’s Office, our teams would like to be proactive in preparing for our first fiscal year end in Workday. Please keep in mind that we launched Workday in the middle of a fiscal year, therefore our processes will need to incorporate legacy systems as well. Due to the volume that our team is required to process while still learning the new system, we are working off of past fiscal year end timelines and will update these if we hear otherwise from central or CAHNRS. This will allow our team to ensure we provide the best service to all of our programs and that we have ample time to process tasks. Please pay particular attention to the dates in early June. Please help us complete our end of fiscal year requirements by following these deadlines.
A few important items to note:
- Please note that all Payroll Accounting Adjustments must be fully approved through Workday by mid June. This means if you have any retroactive personnel funding assignments or payroll expense transfers to make for this year (December 16, 2020 – June 30, 2021), these need to be into the finance team by no later than June 1st in order for the Workday action to be initiated and approved at all levels on time (firstname.lastname@example.org). All adjustments into the legacy system should have been addressed prior to the transition to Workday, however if you have retro adjustments to make into the legacy system, the Finance Team must know ASAP as these are very difficult to process and follow through to completion so we will need to discuss a game plan.
- For personnel with appointments or assignments ending on June 30th, the Finance Team will be contacting supervisors directly as per usual process for funding renewal details.
- You may continue to make online purchases between now and June 4th if your budget(s) you wish to charge the expense to has a June 30, 2021 end date. This is to ensure goods and services are received on or before June 30th in order to be charged to the current fiscal year. If you have a budget that has an end date beyond June 30th that the expenses can be charged to this June 5th cutoff does not apply.
- The last day for in person and online P-card purchases for the month of June is June 25th to allow the P-card reconcilers time to reconcile all June P-cards receipts. This is a massive task as many reconcilers reconcile 20+ P-cards so please ensure you are getting receipts to your reconciler as soon as a purchase is made an no later than June 25th. P-card purchasing can resume again on July 1st.
- All P-card receipts are due to your reconciler by June 25th for reconciliation by the early July cutoff.
- Finally, if you purchased equipment that meets Property Inventory criteria during this Fiscal Year and received it on or before June 30, 2021, please ensure you have a Property Inventory tag assigned and the paperwork returned to Property Inventory (Campus Zip 1025) by July 14, 2021. Mount Vernon – please work with Dan Gorton and Puyallup and CSANR work with Andrea Engle.
- All sponsored project accounts (11-14) Grant Accounting Journals are due to SPS Workday inbox by early July. Please have any grant related accounting adjustments into the team ASAP, but no later than June 1st in order for the actions to be prepared, approved at all levels, and submitted to SPS in Workday on time. (email@example.com).
- Travel Spend Authorizations (formerly TEVs) for FY2021 must be submitted via Workday by mid-July.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me directly or via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.